honouring X-no-archive headers (was: Re: redistributing linux CD's)

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:34:18PM +0100, Joost Kooij wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 11:53:49AM +0100, Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:
> > As I said, I don't want to make this at large scale and I am not looking
> > for profit. I prefer to burn the CD's only when someone ask me for it.
> > But I don't want to get in troubles if I make this information available
> > on the web.
>
> This message is archived on the web, so I guess you would be in trouble
> now. ;-)

Aaarghh.  MHonArc per default does not honour the 'X-no-archive: yes' or
the 'Restrict: no-external-archive' headers.  I configured it explicitly
to honour these just now.  So: if you'd like to post a message for the
subscribers only (not for web visitors), make sure you set one of these
headers in your post.  Please note that any other subscriber can quote
your sensitive data, and post it without this header being set.  So:
watch out when quoting.

O, and btw: email addresses, or things which look like those in the body
of your posts will get mangled before being published on the webarchive.

Bye,

Joost