Re: redistributing linux CD's

On 20-11-2001, at 11h 35'20", Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi Ionel,
>
> I believe your message was intended for the list, therefore I quote it,
> and reply on the list.

Sorry, I press the wrong key...

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:13:04AM +0100, Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:
> >
> > I think I am the person Joost mentioned as a "non-dutch speaking people".
>
> There are at least two non-dutch speaking people subscribed :)
>
> > Well, this doesn't mean that you can not write in Dutch...
> >
> > I would like to ask a question. Do you know which kind of administrative
> > papers I have to make in order to make a small nonprofit organisation to
> > redistribute linux CD's? Do I need to register it as a company or so?
> > Someone knows?
>
> If you wanna do everything as you officially should, then: yes.
> However, I believe, especially if you intend to sell a little, the
> overhead of administrative red tape makes the business no longer
> worthwhile.  I myself sell Tshirts, I believe I do this in an illegal
> way.  I've been considering registering at the Kamer van Koophandel (
> http://www.kvk.nl/ , iirc), and getting a "BTW nummer", but this hasn't
> happened yet...

Well, I don't realy want to make this officially, but I don't intend to
have problems with the tax office or so. And I don't want to make money
out of it. Just to help people that have no easy way to get access to
linux. (In Romania, for instance, the internet connection with the
Western contries is at verry low speed and most of the people don't have
a couple of dollars to by the CD's.)

> Joost Kooij has got a KvK thing.  Joost, do you have some usefull
> remarks for Ionel?
>
> BTW, if you intent to burn Debian CD's, I'm very willing to sell them at
> Linux Kongress. I am not interested in making a profit.

As I said, I don't want to make this at large scale and I am not looking
for profit. I prefer to burn the CD's only when someone ask me for it.
But I don't want to get in troubles if I make this information available
on the web.

Ionel