Re: RSA signing only keys not accepted by OpenPGP keyservers (was: Re: enosig meeting, ...)

Op wo 17-12-2003, om 22:27 schreef Joost van Baal:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:13:31PM +0100, Ronald van Engelen wrote:
> > Op do 11-12-2003, om 18:44 schreef Joost van Baal:
> > > PS: Ronald: your message is PGP signed with RSA key ID 12A2EE32, but I
> > > can't find your public key on the OpenPGP keyserver network.  Where can
> > > I get a copy of it?
> >
> > You can't. I got errors uploading this sub-key to the keyservers (as
> > described in this thread:
> > http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/cks-devl/2002-06/msg00008.html
> >
> > I don't quite understand the problem, but I'll fix things before the
> > next meeting. In the mean time use the signature in this message.
>
> Did you try lots of different keyservers?  Some messages in the thread
> seem to indicate it's dependent on the version of software running on
> the server.

First I tried pgp.surfnet.nl and pgp.mit.edu HKP-servers. Both gave a
'key block corrupted' error (using 'gpg --send-key' and the
web-interfaces) as described in:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2002-April/012826.html

After trying this but before reading the mentioned message and rushing
to get the problem solved, I deleted the old subkey (12A2EE32), created
a new one (0DEE5CA2) and successfully uploaded it to a CKS-server
(keyserver.cryptnet.net).

When I try to upload this new key to pgp.mit.edu, I get the same error
as before:

> Key block in add request contained no new
> keys, userid's, or signatures.
> Your key block contained 2 format errors,
> which were treated as if the erroneous elements
> hadn't been part of your submission.
> The last error was on key 0x0719ffb1:
> Key block corrupt: more than one signature on subkey

Seems like the HKP-servers don't like RSA signinging subkeys with or
without an expiration date?

Gegroet,
Ronald

<<signature.asc>>