Re: redistributing linux CD's

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:01:59AM +0100, Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:
> On 20-11-2001, at 14h 34'18", Joost Kooij wrote:
> >
> > No it's not.  You're running a "private enterprise".  That's okay.
> > And if it isn't entirely okay, I'm sure it is "gedoogd".  But AFAIK, if
> > you go to the tax office (they won't bite) and ask them, they'll tell
> > you not to start a business if it's just small scale semi-personal stuff.
> >
> Thank you Joost for your help here. I will just go with it, since I
> don't want a large scale business and I don't want any profit out of it.

It sounds like it would be more like a charity than a business anyway.

> > Only if you want to get the BTW money back, or want to play income tax
> > tricks (you'll need professional advice from an accountant/fiscalist too,
> > which in turn costs money), consider if the hassle is worth the money.
>
> No. I have no interest in doing this. I will take the advice to make a
> visit to Belastingdienst.

Certainly they won't bite, but they might be quite surprised if you
actually show up and ask them these questions.  So unless you're about
generally having a fun time confusing bureaucrats, you may wish to take
that advice with a grain of salt.  I mean it's probably okay if you go
and carefully ask your questions, just expect them to not expect it.

====

Slapende honden bijten in elk geval niet.

Cheers,

Joost