overmorgen: autotools workshop, systems and transport, connectivity (was: Re: ... fri 2004-05-28 meeting ...)

Hoi Jan e.a.,

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:19:02AM +0200, Jan Stap wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 07:14:21PM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> > On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 03:52:43PM +0200, Jan Stap wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds we have more than enough for one evening. 99% chance I'll be
> > > there (lot on my hands lately). In that case, I'll be a happy volunteer
> > > for autoconfiscation of some software project (e.g. an ogg/mp3 CD label
> > > generator (Perl + gd grafics lib), or an image viewer in Javascript).
> > > Or a script keeping web sites up to date from a set of CVS modules.
> >
> > Cool.  Can I fetch the code of these projects from some website?  Any of
> > the projects will do, I guess.
>
> Not yet, but I'll put it on.

Did you?  Where can I find these?

> > > Joost, I assume you have a screen & keyboard for the workshop?
> > > (I should buy a laptop one of these days).
> >
> > I will bring my old laptop.  If somebody is willing to share a car, I
> > can bring an old PC too.
>
> Nice.

I might have a car friday.  It'd be cool if someone could arrange a
system which can act as a router (e.g. doing masquerading)  (Geert: we
do have internet connectivity, don't we?)

I don't think I have the time to prepare an extra system to bring,
friday (I'll be at http://www.nluug.nl/events/vj04/ tomorrow).  I likely
could pick a system up at someone's place, though.

> > For those who don't know what this autoconfiscation is all about: Eric S
> > Raymond has something to say about it in 'The Art of Unix Programming':
> > see http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch15s04.html#id2987644 and
> > http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch17s05.html#id3000984 .
> >
> > People interested in the Autotools workshop might want to install on
> > their Unix(-like) system:
> >
> >  Autobook ( http://mdcc.cx/autobook/ )
<snip>

Recently I released a new version.  No binary package available yet.

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: signature.asc>>