things to do at fri 2004-05-28 meeting (was: Re: [Fwd: Re: Meeting in Oes Hoes ...)

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 01:30:12PM +0200, Klaas van Gend wrote:
> Geert Stappers wrote:

> >I have confirmed the location (it was previous only a option)
> >
> >The Internet connection is work in progress
> >and with some luck allowed and available friday next week.

Cool!

> >Any one up for a speach/lecture/demo/workshop/whatever?
> >Or anything else that will give the meeting a good start?
>
> I'll also be there, and if you want, I can do some presentation about
> MontaVista embedded Linux.

Cool!  Thanks a lot!  I am interested.

That's http://www.mvista.com/ ?  I've read
http://www.mvista.com/pro/opensource.html , but still don't know with
which license Montavista Linux Professional Edition 3.1 gets shipped.
Do you?  I'm curious.

BTW, I can do two workshop-style presentations:

 - Managing your system configuration files with a version control
   system, using caspar ( http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ ).
 - Autoconfiscating your software project, using the GNU Autotools
   ( http://mdcc.cx/autobook/ ).

I don't have the time to do a lot of preparation for these
presentations.  That's why I'd prefer to do it in a workshop-style.  For
both things I'd need a volunteer (and at least one other person
interested in learning from it): Either someone who wants to go managing
her system configuration files with caspar and a version control system,
or someone who wants to autoconfiscate a software project she's working
on.

(O, and I could do a workshop on PGP/GnuPG and keysigning too.  See
http://mdcc.cx/gnupg/ .)

Volunteers?

We might be able to combine such a workshop and Klaas's presentation at
the 28th meeting.  If not, I can do my workshop at next meeting.

O, and talking about workshops and presentations; on my wishlist is:

 - guile (or lisp or scheme)
 - tactics, politics and software patents (e.g.: how does lobbying in EU
   work?)
 - ipv6 and ipsec (i should have payed more attention while Lionel gave
   his session, and should have started setting stuff up at my laptop.)
 - gnu arch
 - netbsd
 - Syllable OS and OpenBeOS

Bye,