Re: ADSL experiences in the Eindhoven area: anyone?

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 14:11, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> Aloha Eindhovenars,
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:04:48PM +0100, Jan Stap wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 01:03:31AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > > Jan Stap writes:
> > > I was waiting a bit for chello to drop their prices, but they don't
> > > seem to be moving.  Very strange, as it seems that `everone' will be
> > > moving away before long?
> >
> > Puzzles me too. Maybe UPC is too busy selling cable telephony and TV+
> > packages :-)

the also spent a fortune on a bunch of cisco 12k racks, and a fat backbone.
it's just the management that's incompetent ;)

> Allegedly, they invested so much into cable infrastructure, that they
> have to make > 100€ per customer to get back their investment. (Of
> course finding more customers helps this calculation.)

there's this spam on TV now, "no ISP, just ADSL"
might be nice idea, but i wouldn't be surprised if you won't
be able so send mail due to blacklists.
should be cheap though.

tony