Re: talks at meetings

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:39:10PM +0100, Jama Poulsen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:11:51PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 03:09:28PM +0100, Jama Poulsen wrote:

>>>   - OpenLDAP directory management and applications

>> Would actually like something like this, in the direction of having
>> a shared address book, plus personal, per-user address books, for a
>> company.

> I'll see if I can present this. Not sure yet about the setup for the
> per-user address books in OpenLDAP.

Well, OpenLDAP probably can create / manage more than one hierarchy
("database"). So, creating one per user is a possibility. Or simply
add a field "belongs_to" and have the client make the request
"belongs_to='lionel'".

The biggest problem is actually something else, IMHO: Popular email
software doesn't support *updating* an LDAP directory, only querying
it.