report on last meeting (was: Re: enosig meeting, 2004-01-09, 20:00, Joost's place)

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:32:52PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:

> An Enosig meeting will be held at my place, Strijpsestraat 48 B,
> Eindhoven, on Friday January 9 2004, 20:00.

A small report on the meeting, so that people who weren't there know
what they've missed :)

About 13 people attended the meeting, which lasted from 20:00 to 03:00.
Henk Kuijpers gave an excellent presentation about the introduction of
Open Source and GNU/Linux at the Rabobank.  (Thanks to Kees Stravers and
Stedelijk College Eindhoven(?) for supplying the beamer!)

Jama talked about his vemail project ( http://vemail.org/ ).  Joost
Kooij proved to me it is possible to restore a Debian GNU/Linux system
which has an erased /var/ (so no more package database).  A small
keysigning party was done.  With help from Lionel, I am now running
Debian GNU/KLNetBSD(i386).  Likely lots of other interesting stuff has
happened: I didn't see everything which was going on.

What do people think about the space at my place?  Was it OK?  Should we
look for another location?  (Next time I'll try to get stuff a bit more
quiet when people are leaving: remember, people are sleeping in the
building...: don't slam the door, try to be silent when in the hall.)

For sure I very much enjoyed the meeting; C u next time!

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: signature.asc>>