Re: gemeenteraadsverkiezingen en w3c

[My post was in dutch only, since I considered it interesting mostly for
people who have a right to vote tomorrow, and I assumed these to speak
dutch.  However, since the reply was in English, I'll proceed in
English. (O well...) ]

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 02:48:35PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:37:23AM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
>
> > Tomorrow elections for the Eindhoven local government will take place.
>
> And at least one party, "Groenlinks", has expressed its opinion about
> access to city-provided computer ressources must not be limited to one
> specific platform. (dixit Joost in the dutch text)
>
> My opinion: Yes, it is relevant. Don't you care about being able to
> fill city forms, get information from the city council using your OS
> of choice?
>
> ====
>
> > "GroenLinks spreekt zich uit voor open standaarden (w3c) van de
> > gemeentelijke ICT voorzieningen. De toegankelijkheid van deze
> > voorzieningen moet ook voor niet Microsoft producten gegarandeerd
> > worden."

> > Of het relevant is voor wat zich in de gemeenteraad afspeelt weet
> > ik niet, maar leuk vond ik het wel.

My doubt about the relevance is related to my doubt on the relevance of
voting altogether.  Furthermore, I don't think Groenlinks will get a lot
of zetels; I am not sure wether the design of the communal website will
ever get discussed, and I am not sure wether groenlinks will be able to
have any influence on this.  But still, I was pleasantly supprised when
I read it.

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: application/pgp-signature>>