Re: Free Ubuntu CDs

Klaas van Gend writes:

> Why would someone want to create another distro?
> Why would someone want to *use* another distro?

AFAIK, it is not another distro, really, but rather a timed-release
flavour of Debian.

It is apparent that a great lot of users do not really care for the
stability of Debian; but much rather have two new updates (and
possibly some scheduled problems) a year.  Even if that means
searching for and downloading stuff from random places.

Red Hat has acknowlegded the problem of too little packages (fedora),
here is a Debian spinoff that goes timed releases.  I'm almost
surprised that you're surprised.

Greetings,
Jan.