Re: Free Ubuntu CDs

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 09:06:12AM +0200, Klaas van Gend wrote:

> There's been plenty of explanation on LWN.net on why Ubuntu is relevant
> as a new distro.
> Hope that they succeed at what Linspire and Xandros

and stormix.com's Storm Linux, and Progeny Debian, and Corel Linux ...
(Hm, libranet.com's Libranet GNU/Linux seems to be alive still, though.)

> didn't: make a
> succesful commercially backed Linux from Debian.

Ubuntu is "community driven".  I guess some people are payed to work on
Ubuntu by Canonical Ltd.  I didn't find any documents on this though.  I
am wondering for how long Canonical is willing to pay people doing this.
Anybody has some insight on this, or has found any quotes about this?

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: signature.asc>>