Re: report on last meeting (was: Re: enosig meeting, 2004-01-09, 20:00, Joost's place)

On 10 Jan 2004 at 15:20, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Henk Kuijpers gave an excellent presentation about the introduction of
> Open Source and GNU/Linux at the Rabobank.  (Thanks to Kees Stravers and
> Stedelijk College Eindhoven(?) for supplying the beamer!)

Henk's presentation was very interesting indeed. Thanks again, Henk.
And about the beamer, I just said thanks to the Stedelijk College as
a little joke. I work as sysadmin there, and the beamer wasn't
checked out for that evening, so I brought it to the meeting on my
own risk. It is not so that my school officially endorsed the
meeting, though the management is very interested in modern ICT
developments, so bringing the beamer to this meeting was in line with
school policy.

> What do people think about the space at my place?  Was it OK?  Should we
> look for another location?  (Next time I'll try to get stuff a bit more
> quiet when people are leaving: remember, people are sleeping in the
> building...: don't slam the door, try to be silent when in the hall.)

It was a great location for the meeting, and a big thanks should be
said for the others in the building who were prepared to leave the
common room free for the meeting during this evening!

> For sure I very much enjoyed the meeting; C u next time!

I sure did too! It was good to see the names behind the letters on
the screen, and I learned a lot.

I'm sorry that I didn't have the time to show the old VAX that I
had in the car, but I had to leave early because I had a busy
saturday. I'll bring it again next time.

Kees.