RE: GNU/Linux on laptops (was: Re: enosig meeting, 2004-01-09, 20:00, Joost's place)

>I have installed Debian Woody (or was it still potato?)
>successfully on an HP laptop in the past. The question is:
>What chip is providing the onboard WiFi? If it is the Intel
>Centrino stuff, last time I checked, no drivers. See
http://tuxmobil.org/centrino.html

Yeah, it's Intel Centrino stuff, with all kind of need buttons on the
outside of my laptop to enable/disable wireless connections. I hope the
Centrino will be supported soon. I'll bring some bootable CD's, and we
might be the first ones to install debian on a centrino :P

Martijn

Martijn Knuiman
Student Information Management at Tilburg University
mail: martijn@xxxxxxxxxxx

<<< application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s": Unrecognized >>>