GNU/Linux on laptops (was: Re: enosig meeting, 2004-01-09, 20:00, Joost's place)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:35:46PM +0100, Martijn Knuiman wrote:

> By the way, are there any people who have linux running on their
> laptops? I wanted to install the newest debian version on my laptop,
> including all options. Like onboard Wifi connection. I have the HP
> Pavilion zt3024.. Any others any experience with installing it on
> laptops?

I only have experience with a very old Tulip Motion Line ml-sb 5/133
laptop (133MHz Pentium 75, 32M RAM) See the january 31, 2002 news item
on http://mdcc.cx/ .  Guess that won't help you much...

However, if you bring bootable Debian CD's with you, someone might be
willing to help.  (I do have some CD's here, but they're mostly obsolete
(except for the OpenBSD ones, that is.))

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: signature.asc>>