Re: looking for an enosig location

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:22:39PM +0100, Johan van Selst wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>> If by "they", you mean Stack, I think that's not the issue. It's
>> the TU/e that won't want to give Stack TU/e room for non-Stack
>> activities.

> As long as Stack members are welcome,

You mean they would come, making (some of) our dreams come true? Yes,
we'd be delighted.

> I can probably convince Stack and the TUE to organize a free
> (class)room for a meeting without problems.

Cool.

> But what is required for an ENOSIG location? Drinks are not allowed
> in most Uni rooms and Internet connectivity is usually limited to
> students only.

Well... A meeting is mostly what me make out of it. Our past formula
has been a mix of drinks, junk food, computers and Internet
connection. Mix, shake and the people have fun. We'd have had a few
presentations (functional programming and OCaml, IPv6) and "other
activities" (GNU/Hurd mini install party, ...) thrown in for various
meetings.

I'd certainly not want an Enosig meeting to become a sort of SHoBo [0]
or bar crawl (again).

The formula can change and evolve, obviously. But I think we had a
good balance of gezelligheid and computers. So let's try to keep the
drinks *and* the computers.

> A room to meet and visiting $pub afterwards can be arranged...

Grmbl. What did I say?

[0] For people not familiar with Stack vocabulary, a SHoBo is a
    beer-and-worst meeting where you are surrounded by computers, but
    you are forbidden to touch them. Yes, yes, this is organised by
    the *computer* club of the TU/e. I assure you.

    Hmm... "worst" is a Dutch word in the previous paragraph. Don't
    misread it.

<<inline: signature.asc>>