Beste rant sinds tijden [van bugtraq Digest 23 Issue 1042]

Fantastisch :-) Lang niet zo gelachen !

--- Forwarded message from bugtraq Digest 23 Mar 2005 13:04:50 -0000 Issue 1042
From: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gillettdavid@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ISN] How To Save The Internet
Cc: bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Gillett wrote:
> are the various rights of the owner
> of the CPU, the *operator* of the
> CPU, and the owner of the *data*,
> each of whom may have a more or
> less legitimate say in what code
> actually gets executed.

Nonsense. Absurd, ridiculous nonsense.

There is only one party who has any say over what code gets executed by
a CPU: the owner of that physical property.

Everyone else can go fly a kite.

Take your intellectual property fantasies and your heady legal concerns
to law school, they have no place in security technology.

Give me a computer that is defensible, so that *my* intellectual
property and *my* personal legal liability exposure (both civil and
criminal) can be defended, and stop trying to give me the ability to
control other people's computers and impose my intellectual property
?rights? on them by force.

The more you try to stuff Intellectual Property down people's throats as
though it is ?Property? that grants its ?owner? rights equivalent to
rights of real property ownership, the closer you push us to a complete
abandonment of all IP protections.

Intellectual property only has value as long as I cooperate with your
belief in its value.

Tangible property has value because I can smash your head in with it,
whether you believe in its value or not. Get a clue, please. You're a
danger to our collective future as a civilization.

Regards,

Jason Coombs
jasonc@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- End forwarded message -----