Re: gpg oopsje

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 12:23:40PM +0100, Tony den Haan wrote:

> ik was gisteren bezig mijn gpg keyring op te ruimen, en geheel
> volgens traditie is het me gelukt om ook de key die ik nou juist wel
> wilde houden te revoken.
> iemand enig idee of dat nog ongedaan gemaakt kan worden?

If you have sent the revoked key to a keyserver you are toast. Else:

GnuPG maintains backups of the public and secret key ring, with a "~"
concatenated (thus $HOME/.gnupg/{sec,pub}ring.gpg). Try to restore
those and see if it gives you your non-revoked key.

Else, it is technically possible (it is removing _one_ packet from the
keyring), but GnuPG doesn't give you any UI to do that... You'll have
to delve into actual programming, I fear.

Someone actually had a script to do that for PGP, in the past:
 http://web.meson.org/pgpacket/

See also
 http://www.i-eye.net/archive/23890-possible_to_unrevoke_a_key.php