Re: battle of the platforms

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:07:21PM +0200, Ronald van Engelen wrote:

> With the rapid
> growth of broadband internet in the last 1.5/2 years, now almost 100% of
> the (standalone) Windows installations I performed, suffer from virii
> and loose their internet connectivity.  I the past this was almost 0%
> (!). Bad for my self-esteem, as I firmly believed (and propagated) that
> a *proper* Windows (NT =>4) installation offered enough security and
> stability to keep running for a long time, if no non-Microsoft software
> was installed.

I believe it's next to impossible to install a MS Windows system these
days: once it's hooked on the network to install a personal firewall and
virusscanner, the virusses are there before the security software is
operational.  Same for Windows-update: one needs an internet connection
to get these updates.

Bye,

Joost (happily being cert@xxxxxx in these Mydoom.M days :)

<<inline: signature.asc>>