Re: starting (open)source projects

van Zantvoort writes:

> This for me poses one or two problems:
>  - How do you turn a bunch of scripts and sources into a project?

Look for a similar project and consider contributing to that instead.
Most programs already exist.  What's your project about?

Pick a license.  Make sure that ./configure and the standard make
targets work, consider reading maintain.info, or
www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html

>  - How do you let multiple persons write for a project (at their own
>    leasure) and still have some sort of directional control?

Announce it on the appropriate newsgroup, mailing lists, possibly
freshmeat.net.

Be prepared to get no contributions.

Good luck.
Jan.