Re: ADSL experiences in the Eindhoven area: anyone?

Hoi,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:30:18PM +0100, Jan Stap wrote:

> I intend to replace my current Chello account with an ADSL account, to
> get a higher upload for less money with a better service and official
> allowance for running a server of your own.
>
> Xs4all and Demon seem the best options, based on reputation, service and
> facilities. Xs4all uses KPN ADSL, while Demon uses that of bbned
> (www.bbned.nl) and possibly others. Does any of you have experiences with
> either provider in terms of actual achieved bandwidth in the Eindhoven
> region or any other service experiences? Or maybe I overlook yet another
> provider I should really look at.

http://www.surfsneladsl.nl/ (but for a limited group of customers only)

I myself am using XS4ALL's ADSL, and am pretty happy with it.  I made my
modem dumb: http://mdcc.cx/xs4all/joostvb.ini : I'd like to do DHCP,
masquerading and DNS myself.

Perhaps Cistron sells connectivity in Eindhoven too.

ISP's reselling BBNet should be able to sell more bandwidth for cheaper
prices, compared to KPN.

Good luck, Bye,

Joost

<<inline: signature.asc>>