Re: Meeting place

Jeroen, please word-wrap your messages at a reasonable limit. Thanks.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 05:17:16PM +0200, Jeroen van Erp wrote:

> I'm not in favor of doing these meetings at home, for exactly the
> reasons you sketched in the last part of your message.

It has disadvantages, that's sure. By the way, I forgot one:

 - My house, my closing time. Joost vB said you finished around 1.00
   last time. That's reasonable. 4.00 is not.

I must confess that I had another idea in the back of my mind: Keep
the meetings as primarily social events, but use the high geek
concentration we achieve to bootstrap enosig as it was intended: Free
software users mutual assistance club.

We could advertise on a small scale the meeting as "We get together
for a drink, but if you come along, there will be people capable of
and willing to help you on technical problems on free software". Not a
full Install Party, but you get the idea. Sometimes, everybody would
come just for the drink, sometimes 1, 2 or 3 persons would come for
help. And maybe come just for the next time :)

<<inline: application/pgp-signature>>