T-DOSE vs FOSDEM (was: Re: T-DOSE conferentie in Eindhoven, 2 en 3 december 2006)

Op do 18 mei 2006 om 03:26:18 +0200 schreef Lionel Elie Mamane:
> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:34:20AM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
>
> > Jeroen Baten en Jean-Paul Saman zijn begonnen met het organiseren
> > van T-DOSE, (...) T-DOSE wil een Nederlands alternatief voor het
> > Belgische FOSDEM zijn;
>
> Oh, pleeeze! Do we need that fragmentation? The FOSDEM established
> itself as a _European_ meeting, with people from all over Europe and
> beyond coming. With such an attitude, we'll end up with an "European
> Meeting" in every country, if not in every county!

It could be "alternatief voor FOSDEM" was a misrepresentation of what
Jeroen Baten told me IRL.  (He might have said "like FOSDEM", e.g.  I
don't remember the precise wording :)  Check the website for the
official statements.  He might respond here too.

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: signature.asc>>