xs4all daagt staat om kosten aftappen

In continuation of their action against the new Dutch law passing
obligation to ISPs to archive traffic of their clients for years
(http://www.bezwaarplicht.nl/), xs4all is suing the state for the
costs of making wiretaps possible.

 http://www.xs4all.nl/nieuws/bericht.php?taal=nl&id=616&msect=nieuws
 http://www.xs4all.nl/nieuws/bericht.php?id=619&taal=en&msect=nieuws

Gotta love that ISP. Fighting for our freedom. And adding new services
inbegrepen in the subscription every few months (encrypted email
transfer, free firewall, free anti-virus, free PGP, blog server,
webmail, jabber server, personal video webcast, shell access to
freebsd machines, maybe wiki in the future, ...). Only thing missing
now is getting one IP per computer you have and not being forced into
NAT hell anymore :-)

I had a discussion with a few of you in the past where I said I didn't
remember why I kept xs4all instead of surfsnel. Now I remember :-)