Re: Debian Sparc

[ As suggested by Joost, I'll send this discussion to the Enosig ML.
  Perhaps other people are interested in running Debian Woody/Sarge
  on an UltraSparc machine ]

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 05:03:15PM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:01:00PM +0200, Jama Poulsen wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 03:33:21PM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> > > On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 03:17:58PM +0200, Jama Poulsen wrote:

> > Helaas... Ik vraag me af hoe ik Debian hierbij kan helpen met
> > ontwikkelen/testen.
>
> Lionel has sent an installation report.  I did too, I believe.

I'll have a look at the ML and reports, to see if there is something
I can do to help get Sarge booting Linux, it seems to me this should
be fairly easy ;-)

> > Ik ben nu de Woody image aan het downloaden van:
> >
> >   http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian-cd/sparc/

Still downloading the Woody ISO, I'll try installing it tomorrow.

> Debian GNU/Linux on SUN Ultra is excellent.  No hassles whatsoever.

That sounds great.

Are you using Linux 2.6.x on those machines?

What filesystem?

> What kind or hardware are you trying to install?

A "Sun Fire V210" Ultra-Sparc. So Woody should work.

Thanks,

Jama Poulsen