Arch

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 04:55:21PM +0200, van Zantvoort, John wrote:
> I wonder what marvelous revision system we will have next week...

Thats quite a cynical comment, pondering how hard it really is to
build something of the complexity level like a good distributed
versioning system.

It is true there are other distributed rev. systems around
(http://debianlinux.net/software_development.html#other_revision_tools),
but that does not take away the tremendous effort of Tom Lord and
many other Arch developers. Arch seems to become the best in this
class. I even read a third-party rumour somewhere that even Larry
Mcvoy was becoming worried about the mass adaption and fast progress
of Arch.

Arch is IMHO a good example of creating innovative free software and
a lot of dedication. The same happened to the free software audio
segment via Ardour, and in the P2P segment via Bittorrent.

I really hope the same happens with the CAD segment some day.

Or maybe I should ask about the progress of your network management
system project?

Jama Poulsen