RE: starting (open)source projects

It's a tool for distributed system management and performance management which also
provides hooks for application bootup, login and maintenance. Since it works with
mutiple unix versions (each with their own "flair"), I'm intrested in a way of
turning some of the idea's and experience of systemadministrators into workable
additions to the tool.

It's roughly compareable to webmin with enough diffrence between the two to
make them incompatible. :-)

> Pick a license.  Make sure that ./configure and the standard make
> targets work, consider reading maintain.info, or
> www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html
It's almost entirely written in perl.

I guess starting to read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" is a good start. I'll start with that.

Thanks, John