Re: .if defined in GNU and BSD make

Op wo 14-01-2004, om 10:57 schreef ik:
> While learning GNU make but at the same time using a tutorial that uses
> BSD make, I stumble on the following error (in Dutch) when running make:
>
>    Makefile:5: *** ontbrekend scheidingsteken.  Stop.

> It seems that I should put some sort of seperation mark in line 5. I
> can't find a solution in the GNU make manual; help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the useful replies! After being not so lazy and thus
reading the GNU make manual (info), things are going better each time.

I decided to go for (the) GNU make (syntax), since I presume it can be
(made to) run on most platforms.

When I finish the Makefile(s) and the source XSL- and XML-files I'll
post them on my website so you can all have a great laugh ;)

Thanks,
Ronald

<<signature.asc>>