EU software patents directive plenary debate

For those not subscribed to news@xxxxxxxx.

Some transcripts of the pro software patent debate held yesterday
(the plenary vote process is taken place now):

  http://swpat.ffii.org/papers/eubsa-swpat0202/plen0309/deba/

A lot of pro-patent talk is carefully crafted but nevertheless
illogical and unfounded. The European Parliament will have
betrayed Europe if they accept the directive in its current
wording.

Lets hope enough MEP's are both ethical and rational enough
to reject this directive.

Jama Poulsen

  <snip>
  Mr Rocard mentioned pre-history are we in a position to
  follow this accelerated rate of evolution ?
  The situation is very bad and is probably getting worse.
  In the pharmaceutical sphere it is easy to see who is doing what.
  Publishers and teachers say the information society and transparency
  threatened,. And I have no idea what is going on.

  - MEP Mrs Fless, Plenary Debate 03/09/23