Re: Please check my first advocacy paper for open standards

Op za 03-05-2003, om 10:03 schreef Joost van Baal:
> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 08:33:49AM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> > On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 09:44:25PM +0200, Ronald van Engelen wrote:
> > >
> > > I've created a document - only in Dutch :( - with the purpose to
> > > influence Rabobank (the largest bank in the Netherlands) to use open
> > > standards in their electronic communications.
> snip <

> The files has got extremely long lines.  This makes patches very hard to
> read...  Therefore, I've created 2 patches: the rabo-80columns.patch,
> (on http://gelfand.mdcc.cx/~joostvb/rabo-80columns.patch ) which changes
> all lines to max 80 columns, and a patch on this patch, called
> rabo-text.patch (attached), which mainly does fix some typos in your
> text.

I manually applied the changes in the patches because I already had
changed some text in the original file. Now I've put in cvs to prevent
this from happening

> One bigger issue though:
>
> -gebruikers eist dat ze Microsoft Internet Explorer gebruiken, terwijl hiertoe
> +gebruikers aanraadt dat ze Microsoft Internet Explorer gebruiken, terwijl hiertoe
>
> Think about that one...

I did, and applied you suggested change

> It'd be useful if you used some version numbering or CVS Id tag, so that
> people know about which version of your document they're talking.

See above

> Perhaps you could be more clear on terms for distributing your document:
> GNU FDL ?

GNU FDL is now attached as an appendix. I applied the DocBook xml
structure of the original (English) http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.xml
to the unofficial Dutch text version. Any thoughts on getting this file
listed on gnu.org?

> > I'm now gonna print the doc, and read it from paper.  FYI: .ps is
> > attached.
> Makefile I've used to generate it is attached.  If you wanna use it
> yourself, you'll have to rename the docbook xml file to *.dbx.

After a lot of hard work, I finally got openjade1.3 working. Somehow I
can get jade working though. It can't locate the docbook.dsl and
style-sheet.dtd (among others). I think I somehow corrupted my jade sgml
configuration (I'll look into that later).

After changing /usr/bin/jade to /usr/bin/openjade
/usr/local/incluse/caspar/mk/docbook.mk all worked great. It would be
handy if it were changeable in the environment?

As I spent all of my time on getting the grips on cvs, caspar and jade I
hope I'll be able to get going with the article next week.

Thanks,
Ronald

BTW: How come the default Apache fop output is so ugly, compared to the
jade output?

<<signature.asc>>