Bruce Perens in Eindhoven, Netherlands, February 11-13

(Sorry for the dupes for some of you, but I realised I had better
synchronise everyone's knowledge of the status)

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:50:13PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:59:38PM +0100, eilko.bos@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Lionel, can you let this list know as well what the progress is on
>> the meeting?

> All people that have registered will receive a mail with all details
> when those are decided. I commit to this.

> Informing this list: OK, but don't take me on my word me if I don't

The situation right now is that I'll wait two days to let time to the
registrations to flow in (I have less than twenty people right
now). Depending on the size of the crowd coming, the preferences of
those who have spoken up and the expressed need or not by Bruce Perens
of an overhead/video projector, we'll make a choice between the four
propositions some of you already saw:

 - Dinner + talk at my home.

   No overhead projector, more gezellig, don't have to move the
   crowd. Won't scale to much more than 30 people.

 - Dinner at my home, talk at the university

   We'll have to move the crowd. Full speech-assistant gear
   (blackboard, overheads projector, video-projector). Dinner won't
   scale (...), but more gezellig.

 - Dinner and talk at TU/e.

   It is not checked yet that dinner on the university grounds is
   possible.

   If possible, this means: No need to move the crowd, full
   speech-assistant gear, but dinner in a somewhat "cold"
   environment ("canteen effect").

 - Dinner at restaurant/eetcafe/..., and talk at TU/e

   We'll have to move the crowd on longer distance than my home -
   TU/e. Restaurant dinner would take _much_ longer than other
   solutions, pushing the talk in the night. Again, full
   speech-assistant gear. Dinner in a presumably pleasant place.

>> Or publish it on a website or so?

> There's a webpage (http://www.enosig.org/bijeenkomsten.{en.,}html).
> I'll try very hard to keep it up-to-date.

> For things related to the meeting, including registering, use
> the info address in the enosig DOT org domain.

<<inline: application/pgp-signature>>