Fire at Uni Twente - Debian infrastructure touched

Hi,

A fire has completely destroyed a whole server room (in fact a
building) at the university of Twente. In this server room lay, among
others:

 - security.debian.org = non-us.debian.org = satie.debian.org
   = nm.debian.org = qa.debian.org
 - ftp.snt.utwente.nl (a Debian mirror, and I guess much more)

No human casualties AFAIK.

I've heard service for security.debian.org would be restored on
klecker.debian.org. Your DNS caches might take two weeks to notice
this :)

As for the university of Twente network, they were preparing to
replace that room by a new one anyways in one month, are thus rushing
to complete that change now, expected to be working tomorrow.

A webcam of the fire:

There is a (slashdotted) webcam at http://ns.traserv.com:8001/ispy.jpg:
Mirror of one image, which looks spectacular but says nothing:
http://www-infstud.sci.kun.nl/~pspiertz/ispy.jpg (this was saved around
9:45 CET)

In Dutch: http://www.trouw.nl/ANP/LAATSTE_NIEUWS/ANP-201102-58-anp.html

<<inline: application/pgp-signature>>