autoconfiscation (was: Re: website)

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 06:43:02PM +0100, Rudi Sluijtman wrote:

> > > oh ja,  http://httpd.chello.nl/~r.sluijtman/xlauncher.tar.bz2
> >
> > You might want to release it under a free software license ;-)
> Yes, I will add a license, probably GPL.

Mooi!  :)

> > You might want to autoconfiscate it, instead of using Imake, so that an
> > install target gets added to the Makefile.
>
> Imake can also put an install target in it, but using autoconf is
> something I wanted to try for a long time, so I will have a look at it
> (when I have the time).

autoconfiscation for the impatient:

 $ autoscan
 $ mv configure.scan configure.in
 $ vi configure.in
 $ vi Makefile.am
 $ aclocal
 $ automake --add-missing
 $ autoconf
 $ ./configure
 $ make distcheck

and upload your tarball to some website.

Read the autoconf and automake infofiles, as well as the excellent
Goatbook, online on http://sources.redhat.com/autobook .

Bye,

Joost

<<inline: application/pgp-signature>>